Five-Stars Live Up to Billing
- Columbus East (Ind.) quarterback Gunner Kiel, the nation's top prospect at the position, went 14 for 24, 399 yards and two touchdowns with one interception in his team's 45-40 loss to Columbus North. Kiel is committed to Indiana.
- Defensive end Adolphus Washington from Cincinnati Taft had unofficially 14 tackles, two sacks and a forced fumble in a 12-6 loss to Friendship Collegiate (D.C.). Washington is undecided on his college choice.
- Running back Brionte Dunn of Canton Glenoak, committed to Ohio State, rushed for 130 yards on 27 carries and a touchdown in his team's win over Akron Firestone.
- Defensive tackle Tommy Schutt had a good first game against Wheaton Warrenville South. In a 21-7 victory, Schutt had a sack, eight tackles, multiple quarterback pressures and started the game off by drilling the WWS quarterback as he released the ball.
Other Top Senior Performances
- South Bend Washington (Ind.) WR Gehrig Dieter, one week after going for 383 yards, had 343 on 12 receptions and three touchdowns as Washington defeated Michigan City 40-21. In the same contest, Notre Dame linebacker commit David Perkins rushed for 126 yards on 15 carries and two touchdowns.
- Auburn commitment Zeke Pike of Dixie Heights (Ky.) went 22 for 36, 336 yards and three touchdowns through the air with two interceptions. He also rushed for two touchdowns, but his team lost 56-35 to Covington Catholic.
- William Mahone, an undecided running back from Austintown Fitch rushed for 102 yards and a touchdown on 24 carries in a win over Warren Harding.
- West Des Moines (Ia.) Dowling receiver Amara Darboh rushed for two touchdowns and caught five passes for 37 yards and a touchdown in his team's 44-7 victory. Darboh, a four-star, is still uncommitted.
- Kenton (Ohio) quarterback Maty Mauk, a Missouri commitment, passed for 215 yards on 25 of 32 passing and two touchdowns. He also rushed for 131 yards and two touchdowns.
- Nebraska commit Jordan Westerkamp had seven catches for 105 yards and a TD in Lombard Montini's opening day win.
- Three-star running back Tevin Coleman from Oak Forest (Ill.) scored three times in five touces, running for two scores and catching a touchdown in his team's 40-0 win over Chicago Urban Prep. He had 86 total yards on the ground.
- Cincinnati commit Deionte Buckley of Warren Central (Ind.) rushed for 165 yards and four touchdowns in a win over Indianapolis Cathedral.
- Tennessee commit Alden Hill rushed for 315 yards on 20 carries and five touchdowns in Marlington's win over St. Thomas Aquinas.
- Michigan Collegiate defensive back Gabe Sanders, who does not have any offers yet, but has lots of interest, rushed for 146 yards on just eight carries, passed for 94 yards and grabbed an interception on defense in his team's opening day win.
- Ann Arbor Skyline (Mich.) WR Jordan Woods, who holds two offers, had five reecptions for 87 yards and two touchdowns as his team won their first game in school history, a 28-25 victory over Hartland.
- Central Michigan commit Jordan Fields had two interceptions for Grand Blanc (Mich.) in their win over Flint Carman Ainsworth.
- Michigan commit Shane Morris, a junior quarterback at Warren De La Salle (Mich.) went 12 for 15, 220-yards and a touchdown in a win over Ann Arbor Pioneer.
- Another young quarterback from the state, Sturgis (Mich.) sophomore Chance Stewart, threw five touchdowns and no interceptions on 14 of 27 passing and 303 yards in a 48-42 overtime loss to Benton Harbor.
- Joliet Catholic Academy 2013 RB Ty Isaac rushed for 221 yards and two TDs. He also scored on a 75-yard pass with only 35 seconds to win the game for his team. He has several offers to his name.
- Lexington Catholic (Ky.) quarterback Kyle Bolin, who holds three offers, passed for 352 yards and three touchdowns. His team lost to Hardin.
- Maine South (Ill.) quarterback Matt Alviti, who has several offers, completed 20 of 31 passes for 190 yards and two touchdowns in a win over Warren Gurnee.
- Bolingbrook (Ill.) quarterback Aaron Bailey, a junior with several BCS offers, threw three touchdowns, 181 yards and rushed for 84 yards and a score in a win over Plainfield South. Junior receiver Xavier Perkins caught two of the touchdowns.
- Charleston (Ill.) junior Dillan Cazley has kick return touchdowns of 85 and 87 yards and 16 tackles in two games. His younger brother Joshua, a sophomore, has 19 carries for 331 yards and six touchdowns in those two games.