Rubio Long Snapping and Chris Sailer Kicking began their Nike Fall camps in TX on October 30, 2011. Long Snappers came out from TX, LA, OK, MS, KS and NM to learn from the best and get the most exposure out there for Long Snappers in the country. Rubio Long Snapping is continuing to dominate the Long Snapping world with over 135 Long Snappers sent to college in the past two year. Rubio Long Snapping already even has five 2012 Long Snappers that have been offered full scholarships and committed!
Long snapping instructor Chris Rubio of Rubio Long Snapping / Chris Sailer Kicking was on hand to guide the snappers through the various sections of the camp. The camp’s many facets were on-field instruction, film/classroom review, recruiting seminar led by the NCSA along with Rubio and Chris Sailer, and wrapped up with a competition.
The winner of the Nike Fall Camp in TX was Matt Bayliss (OK). Bayliss is a physically imposing Long Snapper that is well over the six-foot mark and even longer than you would expect. He is very raw and learns extremely quick. Fine tuned his form in less than a couple of hours and was nails all competition. Ball is quick and precise. Bayliss has a huge upside and you will definitely want to keep an eye on this Long Snapper.
Along with Bayliss, there was an abundance of talent with the top Long Snappers in attendance being the following:
• Luke Burnham (2012, MS) looked as comfortable as I have ever seen him. Snapping the ball very hard and on target. Body is solid and his form is outstanding. Easily the fastest Long Snapper in attendance.
• Kyle Ashby (2012, TX) is continuing to impress me. Ball is thick and his ball is D1 speed right now. Very smooth and accurate with a ball that is easy to catch.
• Brent Nicholson (2012, TX) is really coming into his own now with his Long Snapping. Excellent D1 frame with a solid ball that is on target. Brent has outstanding form and uses his large body well.
• Steven Romero (2012, NM) also has D1 size and possesses one of the most fluid snapping motions in the country. Very accurate with an excellent attitude.
• Trey Lamastus (2013, LA) has improved a ton in a very short amount of time. Very impressed with him right now.
Other notables: Michael McGarry (TX), Matt Boggs (LA), Trey Enterline (TX), Sam Boyd (TX), Daniel Brooke (TX), Will Hertel (TX), Darrell Travis (TX) and Adonis Smith (TX).
Rubio Long Snapping and Chris Sailer Kicking will have stops this fall in CA, IL, NC, GA and TX with all camps leading right into the 10th Annual National Kicking and Snapping Event sponsored by Nike in Las Vegas on January 14-15, 2012. This Event is open to ALL and is the biggest kicking, punting and long snapping camp in the world.
For more information, go to www.RubioLongSnapping.com and feel free to contact Chris Rubio at
Rubio@RubioLongSnapping.com. Don’t forget to read the Rubio Long Snapping blog at
www.RubiosBlog.com. For continuous Rubio Long Snapping information, follow him on Twitter: @RubioSnapping.