Langley's a Gamecock
Brendan Langley
National Recruiting Analyst
Posted Aug 1, 2012
Chad Simmons


Brendan Langely has announced that he is a South Carolina Gamecock and you can read his statement in full here.

Brendan Langley held a lot of offers, but he has decided that South Carolina is the best fit for him. He released a statement and you can read it here:

"I'm very blessed to have this sort of problem on my hands. One of the best problems you could ever have as a teenager growing up. I know that I had help reaching this point and I would like to thank these people up front. These people being my family, who I truly love and are 100 percent to my decision, as well as my high school teammates and coaches at Kell. Special thanks to the Kell High School community who is always supportive of our program in supporting our fundraisers and attending our friday night games. And to Natarvis Chang, my head coach Derrick Cook, Eric Burke, and Fabian Stone, who all mentored me throughout this process and kept me level headed. There's no football like Kell Football.

The recruiting process has had its ups and downs. I've met many of college footballs finest players and coaches and I'd like to thank them all for showing they were interested throughout this whole ordeal. This was a very humbling experience. I wish all the programs that dealt with me, nothing but the best in the future.

After a lot of thought and prayer, I'm more than proud to accept a scholarship offer from the University of South Carolina. I'm doing this, I'm about to fulfill 80 percent of my dreams. NFL being the other 20 percent. The SEC is the best conference in college football. South Carolina is a beautiful state. The university is an SEC monster as well as a national contender and I can't wait to help them reach another SEC title and even a national title. I can't wait to play for a coach with such experience and control as Coach Spurrier.

I am very excited to see what my future holds at South Carolina, however as of now all of my focus is on the 2012-13 Kell High School football season. I am ready to continue to make myself, as well as my teammates better and reach our goal to a state championship. Thanks again to everyone involved. Go Gamecocks! And go Longhorns!

Chad Simmons is currently a National Recruiting Analyst for FOX Sports/Scout. He started with Scout in 2003 and then moved on to another Recruiting Service from 2004-2008 before returning to Scout the first of 2009 to become South Recruiting Manager.
Twitter | Facebook | E-Mail

Related Stories
Scouting Brendan Langley
 -by FOXSportsRecruiting.com  Aug 1, 2012
Brendan Langley Q&A
 -by FOXSportsRecruiting.com  Aug 9, 2012
In-depth with the new Gamecock
 -by FOXSportsRecruiting.com  Aug 16, 2012

MAGAZINE COVERAGE
Get the 2014 Scout.com Recruiting Yearbook with an annual Total Access Pass
Sign Up Today!

Upgrade Now!
Free Email Newsletter
Don't miss any news or features from FOXSportsRecruiting.com. Subscribe to our newsletter to have our newest articles emailed to you on a daily or weekly basis.
Click here for a list of all Team Newsletters.

Add Players to My HotList
Get free email alerts with news about your favorite players. Click name to add to My HotList.
CB Brendan Langley (profile)
[View My HotList]