|Last week, the Hoosiers earned a commitment from Antonio Allen, a four-star safety from Ben Davis previously committed to Ole Miss. It is significant for a number of reasons. He's a highly regarded in-state guy, and a big hitter who will be a great special teamer early in his career and should eventually be a big contributor on defense as well.|
|Chaminade Madonna (Fla.) running back Myles Graham did not have a huge offer list, and is currently un-ranked, but looks great on film, showing the power that will fit in the Big Ten. Scout's Jamie Newberg says, " Graham runs well behind his pads and gets good, positive yardage after initial contact by the defense. He has good feet, vision and balance and can catch the ball out of the backfield."|
- Morris (Ill.) tight end Danny Friend was a great pickup for the Hoosiers, especially considering he held offers from Oregon, Illinois, and others. We saw him at offensive line over the summer and he could be a big timer at that position. However, he has excellent hands and said IU plans to start him out at tight end, where he'll be a reliable target and a great red zone weapon.
- Cincinnati Moeller (Ohio) tight end Evan Jansen is a 6'4, 225-lb kid from a great program. He did not have a big offer list, but is a solid receiver, blocker, and is a hard worker. The last time Indiana plucked a sleeper tight end from Ohio, it was Ted Bolser, now one of the Big Ten's best.
- Fort Wayne Homestead (Ind.) wide receiver Isaac Griffith had a great summer camp circuit after a productive junior season which combined, helped him earn the Hoosier offer. He's used to playing in a wide open spread attack, has good speed, quickness and catches everything thrown his way.
- The Hoosiers were in good shape with four-star defensive tackle Darius Latham from Indianapolis North Central, and had him on campus a few times, but he chose Wisconsin in July after visiting Madison.
- There are still targets out there for the Hoosiers. One interesting in-state option is Indianapolis Pike defensive end David Kenney. Kenney committed to the Hawkeyes, and says he is solid to them, but his father is at Indiana now and that may help IU pursuade him to stay home. Another in-state product, Center Grove tight end Nate Wozniak has a Hoosier offer, although they are battling Cincinnati, Miami (FL) and others for his services. Indiana was the first to offer though, and that may go a long way in his recruitment.
- Hilton Head (SC) quarterback Michael Julian holds an Indiana offer and there are some ties with IU and his high school coach. Julian is a good sized, athletic passer who would be a big pickup if the Hoosiers can pull him in.
- In the last class, the Hoosiers did very well in the JUCO ranks, and they're looking there again with Northwest Mississippi defensive tackle Jerome McClain, Arizona Western tight end Greg Reese, and Fort Scott cornerback Antonio Carter among the top targets.
- The Hoosiers have also been able to pull talent up from the South and are again looking there in the 2013 class. Lake Highland cornerback Mikey Dorcely has the Hoosiers in his top three, and Punta Gorda Charlotte Clyde Newton is another Florida product giving IU a hard look. Riverdale (Ga.) linebacker Troy Wyche is another with an Indiana offer, currently his only offer, and is likely to give the Hoosiers an extended look.