||Van Alstyne (Texas) offensive tackle Alex Mayes had eight other offers, but camped at Minnesota and gave the Gophers his verbal commitment. He's strong, athletic, and aggressive, all of which he showed on his trip up to Minnesota. He was a big get for the Gophers, and has a chance to compete early.
||Chris Streveler camped at Minnesota without a Division-1 offer to his name. He ended that week as a Gopher commit. The Marian Central Catholic (Ill.) quarterback looks good on tape, with a live arm, accuracy and the ability to run the ball. We think the Gophers may have stolen one here.
- Beaver Dam (Wisc.) defensive end Owen Salzwedel has great size and ability. The 6'4, 230-lber shows aggressiveness, athleticism, and ability to play both sides of the ball on tape. We like his upside and tools as a defensive player a little more right now, so he's projected there, and we believe that he'll get to college and really blossom in the weight program.
- Plymouth (Minn.) Wayzata linebacker Chris Wipson was a little under the radar, surprising for a kid at a powerhouse like Wayzata, but the Gophers extended him his first BCS offer, which he accepted. The 6'2, 215-lb Wipson was very productive as a junior. He plays fast, makes a ton of plays in the backfield and has good closing speed.
- The Gophers continued to add speed to their secondary when Savannah Christian Prep (Ga.) cornerback Jalen Myrick gave his commitment. A playmaker on offense who could potentially return kicks, his athleticism and quickness will be assets for the Gophers, and he chose them over Colorado State, Louisiana and Middle Tennessee.
- The Gophers had Tartan (Minn.) cornerback Keelon Brookins all locked up, and early in the cycle, but after camping at Wisconsin over the summer and earning an offer, he committed to the Badgers.
- One of the top prospects on the Minnesota board is Chelsea (Mich.) running back Berkley Edwards. The Gophers were the first BCS program to offer, and although he's added offers from Iowa, California, and fielded interest from Notre Dame and others, Minnesota is still in the race. Cincinnati Colerain (Ohio) back Chris Davis is also interested in the Gophers. He has offers from them and Cincinnati.
- Canyon County (Ca.) wide receiver Drew Wolitarsky is a good sized, productive pass catcher with offers from across the country, but has maintained interest in the Gophers, although they'll have to beat out some west coast programs and Army for him.
- Walker (La.) running back Carlton Perkins has an offer from Minnesota and is hoping to visit in the fall. Memphis (Tenn.) Fairley defensive tackle Damaris Peppers has a Gopher offer, but has not set up a visit yet.
- The Gophers typically have done well in the JUCO ranks, and Northwest Mississippi defensive tackle Jerome McClain, a 6'2, 285-lb prospect holds a Gopher offer and is planning a visit in the fall.
- There's a chance that more in-state players will be offered as well. Offensive tackle Chad Fahning and outside linebacker Jareid Combs are two who camped and are still alive for a Gopher offer.