Top 10 for Locke
Throughout the process, Beaumont Central defensive back James Locke ended up with well over 30 offers. As he was compiling them all, he realized that he would not be able to pursue all opportunities. So earlier this week, he took to twitter to announce his Top 10 (in alphabetical order)
The 5-foot-10, 189-pound Locke thanked all coaches for the initial offers, but now has these to concentrate on. He will look to cut in half again in the near future.
Henderson Makes the Call
Texas State and New Mexico are a few of the schools that had previously offered Kingwood Park quarterback Jaylon Henderson, but the latest offer from UTSA was the one. Henderson had that offer for what seemed like hours before making his decision. This was part of his quote on twitter.
"I am blessed to announce my commitment to the University of Texas at San Antonio and can't wait to get started!!! #BIRDSUP!!!
Plenty Love for Dauphine
In early February of this year, Port Arthur Memorial running back Corey Dauphine jumped at the opportunity to be a part of the program that first saw his talents in Texas Tech. But since that time, especially this spring, schools have been in heavy pursuit, most of which are in the Big 12 and SEC. Baylor and TCU offered in May, along with Texas A&M. His latest offer is from Arkansas.
Offers Pouring In…
• Southland Conference program McNeese State was busy this past week offering George Ranch athletes Torin Marks and Xavian Marks, along with quarterback Timon Nolan. Also Pearland offensive lineman Willie Williams was offered too.
• On the same day for the Marks brothers, UTEP offered as well.
• Speaking of UTEP, Bush defensive back Shola Ayinde earned a Miners offer.
• Katy Taylor offensive lineman Zach Lucas now has a dozen offers with Boise State and Iowa State being the latest.
• Summer Creek running back DeUnte Chatman was offered by New Mexico.
• Not long ago, Texas State was the first for Bellaire running back Xzaviar Campbell. Now UNLV has stepped up with an offer.
• From Stafford, defensive tackle Josh Uluocha was offered by UTSA.