1. Malik Jefferson - Coming in with the highest expectation as the No. 1 player in the state and as the No. 2 player in the country Jefferson had the most to lose and not much to gain heading in to an event such as this, but he lived up to the hype by being one of the top testers in the Sparq and also holding his own in coverages during the seven on seven. Not too shabby considering that when he has pads on he is one of the most wicked edge specialists in the country.
2. Jarrett Stidham - Stidham by and large had the performance of the week by Midlands quarterbacks. He flashes a huge arm, showcasing the ability to make all of the throws and fit the ball in to tight spaces. He plays with a quiet and calm demeanor and under control which helps him limit any mistakes. Texas Tech is getting a quarterback who could have potential first day draft upside if his development continues on the same path.
3. Justin Dunning - made an impression on every analyst from every network in attendance. Had six interceptions in seven on action. If that's not enough to get him on the list then take this in to account. At 6'3.5, 200 pounds he is quicker and more agile than many players who were there and we are not talking about normal players, these were the best of the best. A nose for the football with NFL type intangibles.
4. Drew Lock - Most who look at Lock and know that he is an excellent basketball player figure that he is an athlete. But the Missouri commit is actually a QB who will sit in the pocket and pick you apart. A plus arm and the ability to make all of the throws. He also has a fire and moxy surrounding his game, making him one of the best all around throwers in the country. Look for his ranking to move up. He's the best I've seen in Missouri in the class.
5. Daylon Mack - there was only one Midlands player competing in the trenches and it happened to be this bull. When Mack has a clear idea of what he wants or needs to accomplish there is not much that you can do to stop him. He is the type who can use his quickness to get in the gap and has the center of gravity and the power to stay there.