Search this site
Junior College Football
Football Recruiting Home
Scout TV Presents: Jonathan Wilson
Posted Jan 20, 2007
Jonathan Wilson (OL, Batesville, MS) - One of the less heralded players off of the Tiger's line of scrimmage happens to be one of their more effective players.
Jonathan uses his 385 pound bench press to his advantage.
"My weight lifting helps me balance me out against the bigger guys," stated
. "It keeps me a step ahead of them."
The 6' 1", 280 pound projected center has competed against the State's best player for three years now, and that has only made him a better player.
that I thanked him for letting me go against him in practice everyday. I think he helped me gain 2nd Team All-state."
The All-State selection is now focusing on a couple of things to elevate his game to the next level.
"I want to get a little faster and make sure I stay focused during the passing downs. I need to keep my feet under me."
Wilson has a few senior goals he wants to accomplish.
"I want to be named 1st Team All-State this time. I won Player of the Week twice, but this year, I want to win it 5 times. But most of all, I want that fourth ring. That is the ultimate goal."
Jonathan has attracted the attention from the college recruiters.
"I get a lot of stuff from Ole Miss and MSU. USM sends me some stuff. This being my first year to start. I am just waiting for everyone to see me."
Which colleges are at the top of Wilson's list?
"Ole Miss, Tennessee, Alabama, Arkansas, LSU, MSU, and FSU."
- "To me around here, you are either an Ole Miss or MSU fan. Me and my friends argue between Ole Miss and MSU. Personally, I am glad they won the Egg Bowl. They have a lot of players from South Panola from our team. If you are really good, you go to Ole Miss from around here. That means you are legit if you get a scholarship from Ole Miss. It is kind of an honor thing. I just think they are the best program in the state, and I like their colors."
- "They stay in the national rankings. They will fall off and get back up. I do not know why I started liking them. They are just a good team to root for."
- "They are right across the border. They are somewhat close to home."
- "The same way, they have a whole lot of tradition. People will not look down on you if you choose them because they know they are a big time football program."
- "They stay in the national championship hunt. They just come up short every year. And you know they are always going to recruit the top players. They never have a down year."
- "They are in that instate rival. If you go play for MSU, you will be playing against all of your friends at Ole Miss. (Derek) Pegues is doing good and is standing out for them. They might not have that name, but it is still a good school. I went to the MSU/West Virginia game, and they had a nice crowd and environment."
South Panola Photo Gallery from OM Jr Day
Feb 25, 2007
Video Interview with Jonathan Wilson
May 15, 2007
Scout TV Presents: Jermarcus Hardrick
Jan 20, 2007
2014 Scout.com Recruiting Yearbook
with an annual Total Access Pass
Free Email Newsletter
Don't miss any news or features from FOXSportsNEXT.com. Subscribe to our newsletter to have our newest articles emailed to you on a daily or weekly basis.
Click here for a
list of all Team Newsletters
Add Players to My HotList
Get free email alerts with news about your favorite players. Click name to add to
View My HotList
Places to go:
Junior College Football
Things to do:
Things to buy:
Things to know:
Terms of Service
Advertise on MSN
About our ads
© 2013 Microsoft