Two-a-days officially kicked off last Wednesday in the state of Maryland, and Good Counel linebacker…
Gloster Adds Another Finalist
Troy Gloster has an offer list in double digits. He had narrowed his list down to four schools a little over two months ago and then down to two three weeks after that. Fans and coaches from Stanford and West Virginia have been eagerly awaiting his decision that was thought to come at any time. I asked Gloster about a time for his decision between his final two schools and he responded with what was a surprise to me and may be to others as well. Now the highly regarded linebacker is back to three as he has added back Michigan to join Stanford and West Virginia in a final three. "Stanford and West Virginia are still there but Michigan is there as well," said Gloster. "There are things I like about each one and I haven't been able to decide yet. Michigan is a great place with a tradition I just can't ignore or get out of my mind. It would be a great opportunity. That is why they are right there with Stanford and West Virginia." As far as Stanford and West Virginia Gloster commented on them as well. "I have such a good relationship with the West Virginia coaching staff, especially Defensive Coordinator Jeff Casteel. Stanford is such a great opportunity academically and for my future. Each school has its strengths and it is very difficult to choose." A teammate of Gloster, Louis Young has committed to Stanford twice and may still end up there or at another school. Gloster admits Young's final destination is a consideration but not a deciding factor. "To have a teammate and friend at a school like Stanford would be nice because of its location so far from home. It is something that has an impact but isn't the deciding factor by any means." Gloster has no time frame about a decision. It will come down to when he feels it is right. "It is about the best fit. I can see myself at each school but it will be that gut feeling that a player gets knowing that a certain place is the best fit for them." I also asked about any other schools that make sneak back into the mix. "No not really. I have been very blessed to have the offers that I do and I am very grateful. If I was to receive any additional offers at this point I would appreciate them but it would not change my final three. If a school wanted me that bad they would have offered by now. These three schools have been with me through this process and I am lucky to have such a great opportunity to attend one of these schools. My decision will be between Stanford, West Virginia and Michigan." Although Gloster doesn't have a decision time right now he would like to commit soon. If he doesn't decide before September he would consider taking official visits. "I would like to decide soon but my high school senior season has started and I am focusing on that right now," said Gloster. "If I don't decide by September than I may take official visits. If I do go on official visits they will be earlier in the school year."
135 Fans online