Five-star linebacker Lawrence Thomas has seen his recruitment go from hectic to almost unbearable. I got a call from Thomas' camp yesterday saying that depsite rumors and reports floating around the net, he does not have a top ten and they wanted to make sure that was put out there. Thomas, who attended a Michigan State basketball game on Thursday, is still keeping all of his options open and may add a few more as new offers seem to come through Renaissance every day. It is possible that he will release a top ten at some point, but that has not happened yet.
Arnett Lands Another
Saginaw (MI) four-star wide receiver DeAnthony Arnett has a buzz around him right now after his performance at the Michigan Showcase. Earlier this week, he picked up an offer from California, a school he says he will look at and then yesterday, Kentucky was added to the list. The Wildcats are a school of particular interest for Arnett.
"We will visit them April 9th," brother Ralph Arnett said. "He likes Kentucky and loves the new coach. There are some good opportunities there for him."
Kentucky Gets One
The Wildcats landed a commitment yesterday from East St. Louis (Ill.) safety Glen Faulkner. The 6'2, 190-lb Faulkner is a kid I think would have picked up quite a few offers had he not committed and UK did a great job of getting in on him early and getting the verbal. He has great size, athleticism and ball skills.
Sophomore "Gunner" Lands Offers
Gunner Kiel, a sophomore quarterback from Columbus East (Ind.) has landed three scholarship offers. His father reported to Scout.com last night that the 6'3, 190-lb Kiel has offers from Purdue, Indiana, Iowa. Of course, these are just verbal for the time being, but Gunner, the younger brother of Dusty Kiel (now at Indiana) is developing into a big time prospect.
Other Offer Updates
- Michigan State offers DT Joel Hale (6-5, 280 / Center Grove, Ind)
- Michigan State offers RB Remound Wright (5-9, 195 / Fort Wayne, Ill)
- Duke offers OG Ralston Evans (6-4, 250 / Arlington, Ind)
- Northern Illinois and Toledo offer QB/ATH Matt LaCosse (6-6, 200 / Naperville, Ill)
- Central Michigan offers QB/ATH Alex Niznak (6-3, 200 / Ithaca, Mich)
- Toledo offers TE Tim Simmons (6-5, 240 / Indianapolis, Ind)
- West Virginia, Louisville and Cincinnati offer S Nick Temple (5-10, 205 / Indianapolis, Ind)
- Iowa State offers CB Nick Stoner (6-2, 160 / Center Grove, Ind)
- Louisville offers TE Jake Reed (6-4, 230 / Columbus, Ind)
- Boston College offers OT Dan Lembke (6-5, 275 / New Lenox, Ill)
- LSU offers LB/FB Nick Lifka (6-2, 230 / Naperville, Ill)